A Commi II (Bakery & Pastry) is responsible for the preparation of all breads, pastries and desserts for daily operation and all special events, as well as assisting with banquets and à la-carte food preparation.
- Prepare a wide variety of bakery items such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, following traditional and modern recipes.
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment at all times.
- Follow safety procedures for operating and cleaning all machinery at all times.
- Keep par stocks at proper levels. Increase or decrease production as necessary.
- Inform management of any problems concerning food quality production.
- Properly store all food, which must be covered, dated, and rotated on daily basis to ensure proper portion control and quality.
- Submit a list of all products and materials needed to accomplish daily tasks.
- Maintain high standards of quality appearance for all food prepared and served.
- Minimum high school diploma or preferable a diploma in Culinary Arts
- At least 4 years of work experience in similar position in any reputed hotel or resort
- Strong knowledge of food safety and hygiene
- Good communication skills, eye for detail, and works well under pressure